During his life and work in South America the tradesman and amateur race driver Wulf Gaertner recognized the huge demand of the local markets for spare parts for German vehicles. Upon return to Germany in 1958 he initiated his business idea and transformed it into a company Wulf Geatner GMBG. The company was specialized for export of original German parts for automobiles in Latin America. In the following years it expanded its business to other parts of America, Central and Northern. By the end of 1977 the company expanded its network to over 100 countries. In order to keep pace with the changes on the market in the year 1995 they acquire the company MEYLE, and the company is transformed for exporter to producer.
Two years later it moves its headquarters to Hamburg, where the headquarters offices and huge warehouse are located even today.
In 2002 the company started with the production of MEYLE-HD line of auto parts. Technically upgraded original equipment in both quality and standard quickly become the leading Meyle brand.
MEYLE in numbers